Add to My Yahoo!

If You Read Only One Post On This Blog, You MUST Read This One!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Mid-Week Day Off?

Well, not quite. Yesterday, I planned on cleaning the vehicle (what a mess), changing the oil, etc. Although all of this got done, I found myself on hold a good part of the day with lenders following up with them on different homes I'm working on.

Sometimes the only viable solution for families is to sell their homes (they realize this when they see they can't afford the payments any more). Most of the time, they need to get the debt discounted so they can sell it (because they simply owe more than it’s worth). So, most of my time is spent negotiating with lenders to reduce the debt so their homes can be sold (either to me a third party investor).

Now "negotiating debt with the lender" doesn't sound like a very time consuming process. And when it actually gets down to a conversation, it's not. The time challenge comes in 1) getting them the mounds of information they need to decide, 2) finding the right person to get it to, 3) getting that person on the phone to talk. I can often spend almost half of my day on hold!

That was yesterday - fortunately, I had other things I could do!

It was a very productive day, just not very exciting to watch (unless you like watching someone work on their vehicle). I’m sure I’ll have a more exiting report for you tomorrow!

Joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home