Add to My Yahoo!

If You Read Only One Post On This Blog, You MUST Read This One!

Friday, April 07, 2006

Please Tell Your Realtor

Today I talked to one seller who hasn't told their Realtor they are 4 months behind. I talked to a Realtor today (different house) about his listing that was in foreclosure and he didn't know it. WOW!


OK, let's get this straight - please. You know I'm not a real big fan of (most) Realtors. The vast majority are in it for the buck first and foremost. This is dangerous when families are behind on their payments, because often the best advice they could give you would negatively impact their pocket book.

Dspite how I feel, and the warnings I've given about choosing to work with them (see this link), if do chose to work with one and list your house PLEASE let them know if you are behind on payments or facing foreclosure.

You need to give them an opportunity to help you. Also, don't feel you're locked into a listing. Any broker (the Realtor's "boss") will release a distressed seller from a listing when better options are available to them. Be honest, tell them what's going on, get their opinion, and get the opinion of someone who specializes (full time) in foreclosures (um, that would be me, "Stop Foreclosure Man"). Shameless plug? Yeah, I know but hey, where else are you going to turn for the truth about foreclosure in Michigan?

Next week my wife (would that be "Stop Foreclosure Woman" or "Mrs. Stop Foreclosure Man"? - must be too early) will be out of town visiting her parents for a week, so you may not get a post from me every day as I'll have much more to tackle without her around. Wish me luck!


Joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home