Add to My Yahoo!

If You Read Only One Post On This Blog, You MUST Read This One!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Everything was going along fine, until….

When I start working with people to help stop their foreclosure, one of the first thing I ask them to do is write a hardship letter. This letter always starts out “Everything was going fine, until….” And goes on to describe what bad things happened to put them behind on their house payments. Even though your situation is complex, difficult and overwhelming, it is not unusual in today’s economy. Look at how some recent hardship letters started and you will see that bad things happen to good people, just like you.

Everything was going along fine, until I was laid off and my consumer energy bills doubled. My Insurance company wanted me to pay $XX or they would cancel my insurance on my cars.

Everything was going along fine until I was taken to emergency several times and then had to have surgery and was hospitalized for 18 days.

Everything was going along fine until I lost my job which I was making $xx an hour. I’ve been going from job to job making anywhere from $xx-xx an hour (half as much as before). I have drained my entire retirement fund, borrowed money from friends and family just to make ends meet.

Remember also, that you are not alone because I am here to help. Let me and my team get you back to better times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home